Finch and The Sprout is a floral design studio based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that creates romantic and whimsical designs for wedding and event clients and we are growing FAST. We are looking for seasonal part time Floral and Event designers/freelancers to become a part of our team of creatives.
This is a part time position with hours mostly Wednesday-Saturday, but the work week will fluctuate based off events and weddings booked. The work in this position will be varied from designing in-studio throughout the week to setting up at venues and tearing down on the day of the event. If you're new to the floristry world and aren't sure of your strengths, that's okay! We love to teach! As long as you have a passion for art and an eye for detail, we would love to provide training and help you hone in on your creative abilities! If you love flowers, can provide superior customer service, and have a willingness to learn and tackle new adventures... this is the position for you!
Sounds great! But what is a Freelance Florist?
If you're looking at this position and aren't familiar with the term freelance florist and if it applies to you. The most simple definition is someone who offers their design services as an independent contractor. This could be working for yourself or others, but most commonly, this term is used in describing a designer who works for multiple different companies. Still not sure what it means... don't worry! If you're interested in the position... apply and we can talk it through!
• Experience as a Floral Designer preferred, but not required. Must have some history of creative work to showcase.
• "Good Eye" or a deep understanding of color and composition to execute free-flowing, organic, whimsical floral and event designs.
• Familiarity with various floral arrangements and designs including but not limited to the ability to make bouquets, bouts/corsages, centerpieces, and ceremony installations, is preferred.
• Create custom floral arrangements based off presented design vision and with respect to the Finch & The Sprout brand.
• Participate in weekend event set up and tear downs.
• Continually improve upon design skills and techniques; stay current on event and design trends
• Complete floral design recipes on time and meet all internal deadlines to ensure that ordering and event production run smoothly
• Excellent time management skills are necessary.
• Must be able to lift 25+ pounds
• Must be willing and able to climb ladders for the occasional large scale installation.
• The ideal candidate will showcase a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, have positive attitude, works well under pressure and be a team player.
• Valid Driver's license.
• Must live within 30 miles of Pittsburgh, PA and have reliable transportation to and from the studio in Sharpsburg.
• Hourly pay starting at $20/hour. Pay is negotiable based on floral design experience.
• Projected hours per week 20-25 hours, depending on the event/month.
• You'll have access to your work schedule for the full 2023 season, as soon as you join our team.
• The ideal candidate will have flexible weekend availability.
Ever dream of working with stunning florals for luxury events? Looking to expand your floral design experience? Love being creative and seeing a couples wedding dreams come true? This is the job for you! Let's work together!